Friday, January 27, 2012

Angels and Children


Today is the birthday of a friend's child. The little one, now an angel, was born in 2010, and lived for 6 days. I always become teary-eyed when I read her birthday messages to her angel. Probably because children, especially babies, are supposed to outlive their parents, not the other way around.

Having reflected on that, I cherish each moment with my little ones. The family went to Manila Zoo last week and we had a blast! From an adult's eyes, Manila Zoo was not well kept, was old, smelly, and scary. But from a child's eyes, it is paradise.

My children had fun running around the zoo, touching the animals, sweating, and getting their bodies dirty on the playground. I admire how delighted they are in experiencing new things. I found paradise in Manila Zoo too, because I saw it through a child's eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment