Friday, April 22, 2011

Bite the Bullet

I bit the bullet and filed my resignation effective May 4. I am excited and sad at the same time.  Sad because I am leaving my home for the last ten years. Happy, as I am counting the days until I wake up and find entwined hands of my family in the bed.

Many moms in my situation have given various warnings -- losing myself, not being able to buy all the things that you want, 24/7 work versus 8 hours but I am all up for it.

Breastfeeding and parenting will be my life. This is the life.

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog today. Two years ago, I quit my job of 10 years, too. It was a big decision, and there are times when I do miss the corporate lifestyle, but I do not regret ever having made this choice. Good luck to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could do the same Isis! ;-) But for now, realistically, with hubby working fulltime for CFC still (our Catholic community), this momma needs to work too! Ultimately though, being a fulltime, stay at home, bfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling mama is my no. 1 life dream! ;-)

    Go go go! God bless you and your fam!

    P.S. Love your blog! Just discovered it! haha!

    ReplyDelete